It's time to show your legs some love with the pose of the week: runner's lunge aka high lunge. This pose is great for stretching and toning the legs while opening up the muscles of the hip. Hence, it being very beneficial for runners. We highly recommend incorporating runner's lunge into your yoga practice or stretching routine if you do a lot of sitting (desk, car, etc). Your hamstrings, calves and back will thank you for it! Give the pose a try this week and you can thank us later.
- Strengthens and tones the legs and back
- Stretches the hamstrings and calves
- Softens the groin and hip muscles, releasing tension
- Helps to relieve pain and prevent injury in the lower body
- Relieves backache and sciatica
- Place the back knee on the floor for support until strength and flexibility increase.
- Keep your front knee on top or slightly behind your ankle. This will help prevent knee and ankle injuries.
- Practice with an experienced yoga teacher if you have serious knee injuries.