Starting the day with a glass of warm lemon water can have a profound effect on your overall health and well-being. It certainly has for me. I've made this a part of my morning ritual for nearly two months, and there is a marked difference in how I feel when I don't. It has become my morning cup of joe!
Not only are lemons high in pectin fiber, which encourages weight loss by reducing hunger cravings. They are high in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients offering a host of other health benefits. Here are my Top 5 reasons to give this morning ritual a try:
- DETOXIFIES | loosens toxins from the digestive tract + jump-starts elimination
- BALANCES pH LEVELS | alkalizes the body to prevent disease + reduce inflammation
- BOOSTS IMMUNITY | high in Vitamin C + Potassium to help prevent colds
- HYDRATES + ENERGIZES | flushes the lymphatic system + supports adrenal functions to prevent fatigue, regulate stress, and improve mental clarity
- IMPROVES COMPLEXION | Vitamin C and other antioxidants decrease blemishes and wrinkles, and combat free radical damage
RECIPE: Upon rising, combine the juice of ½ lemon, preferably organic, with 16-24oz of warm filtered water before eating or drinking anything.